I was getting ready to post about how I had decided from now on to take all my c41 to labs for dev and scan and just stick to b&w and e6 for home dev and scan in the future. Mainly after I had struggled to scan the first of the 7 rolls of the c41 I had dev’d the other night. I was worried when the negs had come out a bit dark, which is often the case for the first roll in the unicolor kits for me I find. For two nights I persisted, then during the day today I decided to skip that roll and move onto the next since all the rest of the rolls seemed fine. The next roll (kodak ultramax 800) came out perfect, as did the next, which turned out to be the test roll I had put through the Ricoh singlex TLS I had posted about earlier. The on which I had cleaned up, put new seals in etc. It is a fantastic M42 screw mount mechanical SLR with a built in light meter, that seems as of now to be in perfect working order.
Nikkor 28mm f3.5 manual focus prime lens
Focal Length: 28mm.
Maximum Aperture: f/3.5.
Min Aperture: f/22
Optics: 6 elements in 6 groups, multicoated.
Diaphragm: 7 blades
Filter Size: 52mm
Close Focus: 1′ or 0.3m
This is my Nikkor 28mm f3.5 manual focus prime lens. (picture of lens to come)
It is one of my more recent acquisitions so I have yet to take it out for too much testing at this time. This lens covers 35mm full frame and is an old film lens. It displays some vignette when shot wide open as exhibited in test shots bellow along with a small amount of distortion. It is quite acceptably sharp on the Pixel dense 36mp a7r sensor and I find the bokeh quite pleasing for a reasonably wide angle lens though you can see a swirl to the out of focus area in the fifth photo of the flowers. This lens to me displays qualities of that classic Nikon signature rendering I see from work shot with classic nikkor primes. I really must take it out for some more thorough field testing in the future.
Here are some general test shots mounted on my Sony A7r:
(as usual click on images to see larger and sharper)