I was lucky enough to jag this bulk roll of Kodak Vericolor III type S for a song on the Bay the other week. It was that cheap that I thought it was worth a punt on seeing how it would go. The tin was still sealed within it’s original packaging box, which was a good sign for me, but it’s date of expiry was illegible, so who knows how old it was or how it was stored.
So on sunday I rolled up a couple of quick little test rolls and went out and took a few random snap shots through out the day. I rated it at box in my Minolta a7 and gave it a stop of exposure compensation, and I shot it at iso 80 through my Ricoh TLS Singlex, more because it does have exposure compensation. haha. Though I felt these shots came out slightly denser, I think 80 is now the films true speed.
I was getting ready to post about how I had decided from now on to take all my c41 to labs for dev and scan and just stick to b&w and e6 for home dev and scan in the future. Mainly after I had struggled to scan the first of the 7 rolls of the c41 I had dev’d the other night. I was worried when the negs had come out a bit dark, which is often the case for the first roll in the unicolor kits for me I find. For two nights I persisted, then during the day today I decided to skip that roll and move onto the next since all the rest of the rolls seemed fine. The next roll (kodak ultramax 800) came out perfect, as did the next, which turned out to be the test roll I had put through the Ricoh singlex TLS I had posted about earlier. The on which I had cleaned up, put new seals in etc. It is a fantastic M42 screw mount mechanical SLR with a built in light meter, that seems as of now to be in perfect working order.