I decided to develop some of the eleven c41 rolls I had saved up over the weekend. My last unicolor c41 kit had been punctured it seemed and the chems looked off. So I decided to try a home made kit from a Russian eBay seller I had purchased a couple of years ago. I developed 5 rolls and was reasonably happy it worked, however the rolls look quite dark, this and the scans do not look particularly exceptional. I am starting to think I will outsource my c41 deving and scanning again in the future just for ease of time and to help guarantee the results I know I can achieve with the films I have in my stockpile, even if they are getting a little old now. It is a lot of time and effort, which I do not mind, but only if your getting the results you desire. B&W is still easy enough, the scans I get from my old Epson 4990 for that are good enough, and there is less variability and risk. So I will still keep doing that myself. As for e6, I think I will finish my last two Tetenal kits then start outsourcing that also. The more I ponder on this, the more I am just considering just stopping shooting 35mm colour film and just focusing on black and white and my larger formats…keep posted if your keen to buy some great excess films as I sell it off. haha
This is another shot from my drive in the countryside with son the other week. Shot on my Pentax Z1-p with Pentax smc 35-105mm on kodak hd400 expired 2005. I have had much better results than these from this emulsion in the past, I am putting it down to the home made kit I tried.